1) For Titanium and Stainless Steel case styles, never wear the watch unless the crown (setting knob) is completely screwed down. Do not overtighten crown.
For Poly-Resin, Polycarbonate, Aluminum case styles and A-2SEL Super Illuminated models have push in crowns.
2) We recommend rinsing your watch and band with fresh water after exposure to salt water, chlorinated water, chemicals, soil loads or dust.
3) Never adjust crown when watch is wet or submerged in water.
4) Keep watch clean and free of debris. Use mild hand dish detergent & warm water with a soft brush (old toothbrush) to clean, keep crown in when cleaning.
5) If watch has stopped bring it to a local professional jeweler for battery replacements. The battery type is engraved on the case back. You can also send your watch to our service center, see BATTERY & BAND SERVICE or REPAIR SERVICE section at our site www.bertucciwatches.com for more information. We discourage non-professional battery replacement service.
NOTE: LBI – Low Battery Indicator... On series with this designation, the LBI feature will cause the second hand to skip, indicating it’s time to change the battery. This feature will continue for up to 3 months to remind user to replace the battery while still keeping accurate time.
6) Do not expose your watch to intense magnetic fields such as loudspeakers and other electromagnetic devices.
7) When setting your watch, handle the crown gently as this is a precision device.
8) Do not subject your watch to severe impact, avoid dropping.
9) If watch is not in use for an extended time period, pull crown out, stopping second hand, to conserve battery life.
10) Please carefully read the owners manual.
Keep crown (setting knob) screwed or re-threaded down on Titanium and Stainless Steel case styles: After setting the time and/or date, it is critical that the crown is tightened down by pushing in and gently turning clockwise (to the right) simultaneously in order to rethread crown down, be careful not to cross thread crown.
For Poly-Resin, Polycarbonate, Aluminum case styles and A-2SEL Super Illuminated (see case back), after the time is set push the crown in (you will feel a "click") and second hand will start. These styles do not have screw down crowns.
Failure to do so will cause the watch's internals to be flooded with water and void the warranty.
Following this simple practice will extend the watch life dramatically.
Your Bertucci® Watch has been carefully designed and tested to be used in water. 86 P.S.I.A., 160 P.S.I.A., or 320 P.S.I.A. (equals immersion to 50 meters / 164 feet, 100 meters / 328 feet or 200 meters / 656 feet below sea level) if crown is pushed in or screwed down. See case back and / or dial for the water resistance of your watch.
1) Never adjust crown (setting knob) when watch is wet or submerged in water.
2) Never wear the watch unless the crown is completely screwed down or pushed in.
3) The watch is water resistant only as long as crystal, crown and case are intact and undamaged.
4) Your Bertucci® Watch has been designed to be worn during activities in which the watch will be exposed to water and submersion in water. However, the watch is not a professional diver watch and should not be used for diving.
CARE FOR YOUR BAND
1) If nylon band (if equipped with) develops loose threads, fuzz, or frays, carefully singe them with a lighter or match for a second, then rinse with water.
2) If leather band is submerged in water for an extended time period, allow it to air dry with no extra heat.
3) Replace band if excessively worn, see the BANDS section for replacement bands or go to www.bertucciwatchbands.com for new genuine Bertucci® replacement bands.
4) Immediately rinse with fresh water and air dry after exposure to salt water, chlorinated water, soil loads or chemicals.
5) TO CLEAN NYLON, COTTON, RUBBER, TRIDURA™ BANDS: Wash with warm water and mild hand dish detergent, brush gently with soft brush (old toothbrush) and rinse thoroughly with fresh water, allow to dry completely before use.
TO CLEAN LEATHER: Rinse with water and wipe dry with cleaning cloth promptly then allow to completely air dry with no extra heat. Twice a year apply a non-oil based leather cleaner, like saddlesoap.
Horween® leather conditioner is available. Specifically formulated, by the Horween® factory, this mild blend conditioner is great for use on Bertucci® Horween® leather bands and other leather bands we offer. The Leather Conditioner will re-nourish and protect the leather, extending the life of the watchband.
Horween® Leather Conditioner is available in Enzo's Gear
TO CLEAN HORWEEN® SHELL CORDOVAN LEATHER:
1) Clean with a soft, damp cloth, allow to dry completely away from heat.
2) Buff to sheen with soft towel.
3) Twice a year, apply a light coating of leather conditioner... like Venetian Shoe Cream or similar.
4) Allow to sit at least 10 minutes.
5) Buff to sheen with soft towel.
Please note: Your band may show some white residue... when new or years later. This is a good thing as it’s natural oils and waxes migrating to the leather surface. Simply, buff this off with a soft towel.
Please refer to your owners manual for details about your Bertucci® watch.
Combined Owners manual covering all Quartz Analog models equipped with a screw down crown or push-in crown.
Titanium A-2TR case models equipped with a rotating dial ring and screw down crown.
A-2SEL Super Illuminated™ models equipped with EL Backlight dial.
A-11T Americana Field Chronograph™ styles.